Driver’s Education is offered during the Summer at Bishop Lynch. The Summer Session begins June 5, with classroom instruction for 2 hours a day for 3 weeks. The classroom phase consists of 32 hours, with an additional 14 hours of Behind the Wheel beginning after the classroom phase is over.
The total cost for the course is $500.00.
Behind the Wheel is offered during the Summer Break following the completion of the classroom phase. Students will sign up for Behind the Wheel drive times during the classroom phase. By state law, attendance is mandatory in order to receive a driver’s license. No more than two absences are allowed, and these absences must be made up. An additional 20 hours of drive time must be completed with a parent before the final certificate is issued. The form will be given the first day of class with instructions for the student and parent. If a student does not show up for their scheduled driving time, a $25 fine will be assessed. Please keep your assigned time.
Students will need a Texas Department of Public Safety Driver’s Handbook, which can be picked up at any DPS headquarters.
Please read all information on the attached Student Enrollment Contract; sign and return the payment form along with your check, Money Order made out to Bishop Lynch, or MKS information for BL students, to Bishop Lynch c/o Andy Zihlman.
Driver’s Education Instructor
TEA School #CO989
2017 Summer Driver's Education Program Information
- Registration for Drivers Ed during the summer of 2017 is now open.
- Classroom instruction begins on June 6th.
- Cost of this course is $500.
For additional information, please contact Andy Zihlman at email@example.com or 214-324-3607 ext. 4109.
Items Required to Participate In Driver's Education
Students will need to obtain the following:
- Certificate issued by Bishop Lynch after 6 hours of classroom instruction.
- VOE Attendance Form (BL students from BL receptionist desk. Non BL students get from school where you attend.)
- Two forms of identification (original birth certificate and social security card.)
- Parent must accompany student to the DPS (Department of Public Safety—Driver’s License.)
LICENSE (6 months after receiving permit, unless 18 years old)
- Certificate after completing driving phase from BL.
- VOE Attendance Form.
- 30 hours verification of Behind the Wheel (log with parents packet received by students the first day of class.)
- Proof of insurance.
- Parent must accompany student to DPS.
Students sign up for their drive time during class. First come based on receiving their permits. Drive times are every 2 hours (7-9 am, 9-11 am, 11-1 pm, 1-3 pm, 3-5 pm, or 5-7 pm during school and only 5-7 pm after school.)
Please keep your scheduled driving time or you may be assessed a $25.00 fine.
Any questions please contact Andy Zihlman at 214-324-3607, Ext. 4109 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.