STUDENT LIFE HEADLINES
March Calendar Reminder...
A friendly reminder March school dates:
Friday, March 24 B Day, Last Period Assembly Schedule
Monday, March 27 A Day
Tuesday, March 28 B Day, Senior Panoramic
Wednesday, March 29 Sophomore and Junior retreat day. NO CLASSES for Seniors or Freshmen.
Thursday, March 30 A Day
Friday, March 31 B Day
Are you an artist?
Do you paint, take pictures, sculpt, create collage, sketch, do ceramics, work with glass, mosaic, weld, build furniture, turn finds into fabulous treasure, see the ordinary and make it extraordinary? In any medium? WE WELCOME YOUR CREATIONS FOR AUCTION!
We are gathering better and fine art for the Lone Star Auction. Would you please consider donating to this very worthy cause? Your donations are building the Bishop Lynch scholarship fund, giving more students the opportunity to be a part of our wonderful environment.
Various mediums are gratefully accepted.
Please contact Mary Garcia – firstname.lastname@example.org – 214-282-1061 or Rose Anne Collier email@example.com - 469-222-6744.
Summer Work Program - Applications Available
The Bishop Lynch summer work program applications are now available. Applications must be returned to your counselor by Monday, April 24th. Please be sure to read all Program and Work Rules on the application to be considered for the program. Applicants must have a FACTS financial aid application on file.
Download >> BL Work Program Application
Summer Camps at Bishop Lynch
Whether it’s in academics, fine arts or athletics, one word is synonymous with all three at Bishop Lynch – EXCELLENCE. At Bishop Lynch High School, students are provided a first-rate, well-rounded education combined with an exciting and inspiring campus life.
This summer, Bishop Lynch is expanding its summer camps program to not only offer top-notch athletic camps, but a number of fine arts and academic camp opportunities as well, to grades K-8.
Camps operate Monday-Thursday with a Morning Session (9:00-11:30 am) and Afternoon Session (12:30-3:00 pm). Camps will meet: June 5-8, June 12-15, June 19-22, June 26-29, July 10-13, July 17-20, July 24-27
For Bishop Lynch Summer Camp opportunities: http://www.summeratbl.org
3-on-3 Basketball Tournament Signups
Amateur Basketballers! It’s that time again – the annual BL 3 on 3 Basketball tournament is March 27 – 31st. It’s time to start organizing your teams and signing up! There will be a sign-up sheet posted outside of room 112 beginning Monday 3/6. Sign up your 4 member team and come up with an appropriate team name. All lady or co-ed teams are encouraged! No more than 2 members of the 3/3 team can be from the BL Basketball rosters. Each team member will be charged $5 through MKS to participate. Sign up ends on Thursday 3/23 the week after Spring Break.
Get your team together for 3 on 3 Basketball and get signed up!
Bishop Lynch High School Spring Market
The Summer Program at Bishop Lynch offers a variety of classes, including required and elective courses. Each course offered is the equivalent of a one-semester course (one-half credit) during the regular school year.
For more information, please visit the Summer Academics page or contact Randy Becker at Randy.Becker@bishoplynch.org
Lent Resources from the Catholic Bishops of the United States
March 23, 7:50 AM
Morning Prayer, Liturgy of the Hours
March 24, 7:40 AM
Mass & Reconciliation, Priest from St. Pius X Parish
March 29, 8:30 AM
Spring Retreat Day, Mass, Fr. Edwin Leonard
March 30, 7:50 AM
Morning Prayer, Liturgy of the Hours
March 31, 7:40 AM
Mass & Reconciliation, Priest from St. Pius X Parish
Driver's Ed Sign-up
Driver’s Ed forms are available in Athletic suite and at front receptionist desk or on the school website. Classes start the first week of June. See Coach Zihlman for details or questions.
More information can be found here: http://www.bishoplynch.org/driversed
ATHLETIC INFORMATION AND HEADLINES
For sports updates, please see below:
GUIDANCE & LEARNING CENTER HEADLINES
Upcoming Dates and Information:
• Course selection sheets for next year are due to the counselor ASAP if you were absent.
• Transcript release forms for juniors are due to the counseling office.
• Sophomores and Juniors, please submit your birth certificate to the counseling office.
• Friday, March 10th is the deadline for students to turn in paperwork and sign up for the BL TSI test. The TSI test will be held on Tuesday, March 28, Thursday, March 30 and Thursday, April 6th in the Bishop Lynch Library immediately after school. Students who have completed their paperwork and their PAA need to let Ms. Shirley in Guidance know which date they prefer.
• Navigating Naviance Meeting for Sophomore Parents will be held Wednesday, March 22nd at 6:00 pm in the library
Eastfield College Dual Credit Enrollment Instructions
General requirements for the Dual Enrollment Program
• Student must have a 3.0 GPA (80)
• Pass the TSI assessment exam OR be exempt (see below)
SAT score of at least 500 on both the Critical Reading & Math sections with a combined score of 1070 (DUKE Program SAT/ACT scores can be used).
ACT score of 19 on both the English and Math with a composite score of 23.
PLAN score of 19 on both the English and Math with a composite score of 23.
• Students may still need to take the CLEP for placement purposes if they plan to take high-level math, science or language classes.
• Upon completion please print the letter of acceptance/confirmation page with your Eastfield College Student ID number. If you are given a pending status you must still print this page and contact Mrs. Malouf in Guidance or Elizabeth Cruz at Eastfield (972-860-7024) to retrieve your ID number. You must have this number in order to complete #4 on this list. Make sure you keep this number in a safe place; you will need it in the future!
• DCCCD High School Enrollment Form
-Print full name and Eastfield Student ID at the top.
-Leave the course name & number box blank.
-The student and parent/guardian must sign and date at the bottom of the form. Parent/Guardian signatures are not required if the student is 18.
• Consent to Emergency Treatment Form (only required if student is under 18)
• Parent/Guardian Access to Official Student Records Proxy Form
3. Official high school transcript with qualifying SAT or ACT scores if applicable. (Bishop Lynch will supply this)
4. Once all application materials have been completed the student must:
• Setup and access their econnect account http://www.econnect.dcccd.edu/index.jsp
• Complete the PAA (pre-assessment activity) which includes watching an informational video and taking a short quiz in the econnect account. The student must print the confirmation page displayed at the end of the quiz. The PAA activity can be completed individually or during a scheduled time on the Bishop Lynch campus.
Deadline for new Dual Enrollment students paperwork is Friday, March 3rd
Requirements for Currently Dual Enrolled Students
If you were dual enrolled in a class during the Fall 2016 semester OR the Spring 2017 semester AND intend to dual enroll in the Fall 2017 semester, please fill out a High School Enrollment Form and return to Mrs. Malouf in Guidance. You do not need to complete the entire application process again.
• If you dual enrolled in the Fall 2016 semester but not the Spring 2017 semester AND do not intend on dual enrolling until Spring 2018, you WILL need to complete the entire application packet again.
Dual Enrollment Questions:
Jan Hublein, Dual Enrollment Coordinator, 214-324-3607, ext. 4132
Pam Malouf, Guidance Registrar/Administrative Assistant, 214-324-3607, ext. 4113
NHS Tutoring 2016-2017
Please Note: NHS TUTORING had moved to a new location. Tutoring is held in the tutoring rooms located inside of the commons.
7:45-8:10 a.m. — Tutoring rooms located inside of the commons.
Late Arrival Days: 8:45-9:15 am— Rm. 102
3:45-4:15 p.m. — Tutoring rooms located inside of the commons.
Put your Party Boots On and Join us for the
Gift Gathering Fiesta
March 25, 2017 • 7 - 10 p.m.
Tacos and Bebidas
At the home of
Valerie and Garrett Adams
8171 San Benito Way
Dallas, Texas 75218
Join us in support of the Joseph P. Lynch Scholarship Fund
by bringing silent auction contributions for the
2017 Bishop Lynch Barn Party Gala.
Click here to check out the
Sign - up Genius for the
Barn Party Wish List!
TUITION & MY KIDS SPENDING NEWS
An Important Reminder from the Department of Tuition and Registration
Tuition, Technology and Senior Fee is due by 5/31/17
2017/2018 Tuition and Fees
$415 single/$530 multiple
$80 late registration fee
International Student Registration Fee $7,500
(Class of 2017)
(Freshmen & Transfers only)
Late Tuition Fee
Financial Aid Deadline was February 14, 2017
Decision Letters will be mailed/emailed sometime in March to all families that applied for financial aid for the 2017-2018 school year. Please submit your 2015 tax return and 2016 W-2s.
Have you made your monthly payment?
ACH debits are processed on the 15th of each month, with the last debit taking place on April 17, 2017. At any time, you may make additional payments payable to Bishop Lynch to reduce your monthly amount. Below is the list of dates the accounts will be drafted. Please mark your calendars and plan accordingly.
March 15, 2017
April 17, 2017
If you pay monthly to the Business Office, please make sure you are current with your payments to avoid any disruptions. Tuition and MyKidsSpending accounts must be current by March 20, 2017.
2017/2018 school year funding option:
Method 1 - Monthly ACH Debit
ACH debit from checking or savings - Deadline 4/12/17. 11 monthly payments 6/15/17 thru 4/16/18. The annual enrollment fee of $100 will be debited (separately) with the first month’s tuition payment on 6/15/17. The technology fee and/or the senior fee will be rolled together with the tuition if they are not paid by May 31, 2017. If you are currently enrolled in the ACH program, you will be automatically enrolled for the 2017/2018 year. If you choose not to fund via this option for the next school year, it is the financial responsible parties obligation to contact the Department of Tuition to cancel this option.
Method 2 - Check, Cash** or Money Order
Check/Cash**/Money Order - Deadline 5/31/17. Cash must be exact change.
**Bishop Lynch High School must submit Form 8300 to the IRS for receipt of any cash or money order for tuition payment of/or equal $10,000 or more. Please be prepared to submit Social Security Number and a form of I.D. for reporting purposes. Further information can be found here.
Method 3 - Your Tuition Solution
Your Tuition Solution - Deadline 5/31/17. A 3rd party loan option with 24-84 month extended payment plans. Visit www.yourtuitionsolution.com, or download their brochure or info sheet for more information.
Dates to Remember:
February 21st –Current student registration due
March – Admissions acceptance letters and financial aid letters mailed
April 12th –New ACH forms due (this is only if you are not currently enrolled)
May 31st – Tuition Due in Full
Please direct any questions or concerns to Betsy Arciniega x 4104 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
THE LYNCH LOCKER HEADLINES
Follow us on: